Don’t believe the hype
Have you noticed online how competitive businesses are?… 😳
Or should I say, people as they are the ones in the driving seat?
Over the last six months, I’ve noticed a common theme with new Virtual Summits and Online Conferences that are coming onto the market.
- You overwhelm your audience to the point of them not taking any action.
- It says to me that the host is focused on growing the list and not so focused on the quality of the content.
- They can be easily knocked off their spot as they are focused on being the biggest, not necessarily the best.
- The speakers are mostly the same people who have appeared on other summits.
- The content is going to be the same as you get on other events.
- The speakers won’t help you market the event so all you are doing is marketing them.
- They are going to be relying on affiliate marketing which is a job in itself and you’re going to have to give at least 50% back which will eat into your profits.
- You’re going to have to through around $5000 on Facebook ads to bring in the leads with other advertising costs.
- You’re looking at spending over 60 hours alone on interviews. That’s before you even start the editing.
I’ve asked myself the question why are they doing it this way?
Is it to try and dominate the market?
Do they just want to grow a list?
Do they just want to get in front of the people they are interviewing for credibility?🤔
All good and relevant questions we need to ask ourselves before bringing an online conference together.
Here’s the good news…👍
You really don’t need to do it this way…
You don’t have to be the largest…
You don’t have to have the highest profile speakers….
You don’t have to give half of your profits away….
You don’t even have to spend $5k on adds…
You don’t have to spend 60 hours of your life interviewing people…
I’ve been hosting Virtual Summits and Online Conference since 2013. I can assure you that it doesn’t need to be that complicated.👀
Don’t let the hype put you off from creating an awesome event.🎎