- Editor: Rob Wilson
- Edition: 1
- Available in: Online Treaining Video, Downloadable Video, MP3, Workbook
Rob is the founder of the BizSysMan, building business improving systems.
Over 20 years in IT at the Director level. I work as the bridge between IT and the business to produce business systems that produce a return on investment.
Expert in Active Campaign, OptimizePress, OptimizeMember. With certifications in Sales Funnel Creation and Content Marketing.
I have over 4100 students on Udemy from my 9+ courses, a rapidly growing course catalogue on SkillShare and his own learning platforms.
I look forward to discussing how to move your talk into an online course as an income stream or branding tool.
Online Speaker Training with Rob Wilson and Wendy Kier
How to turn your talks into online courses
As a speaker you have already done the hard work. You’ve hand crafted a talk, mastered engaging an audience and getting your message across. Imagine before you speak, your phone pings to tell you’ve sold an online course. Feels Good. Imagine if while you are speaking people not in the room are purchasing from you. Imagine at the end of the talk you can either give away a companion online course or make sales of an enhanced version of the presentation. Great to build a list of interested audience members and active buyers.
Sounds good in practice but isn’t it just too difficult to pull together.
You really have done the hard work already. Online Course creation can easily become overcomplicated.
The SIMPLE version just requires:
- Content – You have this from your talk and supporting materials.
- Kit/Equipment/Gear – If you have a phone, you have a video recorder, audio recorder and in some cases, editor software.
- Software/Programmes – If you have a computer you probably have powerpoint that can record a voice over on top of a presentation.
- If you have Microsoft Word you can produce PDFs which are e-books. Sales Platform/ Course Platform (Where to sell from) – While you can sell from your website, the easy way is to use a service to handle sales, video/audio display, payment processors, global taxes etc.
In fact picking the right Course Platform can make this process very simple indeed. In my talk, we will cover how to do this in more detail but with just a video recording, audio file or a PDF you can create an online course in 15 minutes or less using a site called Gumroad.com.
This makes a great first step into online course sales. You can either use their website to direct sales to or add their sales page or sales button into your website. They even have an amazon style “if you bought this you might like this” recommendation program which markets your course to other purchasers. (For an extra 10% fee but that is on sales you wouldn’t have had).
Find out more in my summit presentation. Where we will start off with a simple course sale system and then show you how to grow an online course business from your speaking and other content.